March is officially here and we can hear those vacation bells RINGING. As spring break commences (and soon), we wanted to be sure that you had the low down on all the getaway essentials you might need…from chic one-pieces to the best possible go-to dress, we’ve got you covered. Without further adieu, here’s how dress to impress while on vacation!
We love that one-pieces are IN! There’s truly something for everyone
1. For the hourglass-shaped gal, this suit is great, as it accentuates the waistline. The openness of the necklace and the subtle seam at the waist helps to zero the eye in. Amio Swim Jaqueline Strapless Maillot, Neiman Marcus; $520.
2. For the pear shaped gal, a plunging neckline is alway a good idea. Also, the overlapping ruched aids in creating balance and keeping the eye vertical. Love the sophistication of this style and how timeless it will be in your swimwear collection. Trina Turk Wrap Front One- Piece, Nordstrom; $132.
3. For the rectangle shaped gal, the goal is to give you curves and definition and this darling suit does exactly that! Between the color block detailing and that bold yellow stripe doubling as a belt, you will be good to go! Seafolly Aralia One -Piece, Everything But Water; $152.
4. For the apple shaped gal, ruching at the waist helps to highlight the areas we love! Love that you can cinch this chic suit at the waist and that the asymmetrical fabric gives you an extra touch of style! Magicsuit Brynn Ruched Tank One-Piece, Neiman Marcus; $172.
1. For the gals wearing two-pieces: Try this crochet look for a quick throw over after the pool. We don’t think your two-piece has to be white either.. any neutrals (think army green, black, beige, gold, etc) works well! La Blanca Zen Oasis Coverup, Neiman Marcus
3. For the gal who desires a little more coverage? Try this from L Space. Sometimes the simplest of coverups are the chicest. L Space Megan Cover U
4. This cover up is the go-to for someone taking their cover-up from day to night. The silhouette works for a variety of shapes and lifestyles. Vitamin A cover-ups have affordable, but transitional pieces that can be worn beachside, poolside, or just warm weather lounging. Santorini Dress, Pitsusa
1 Pool: We love the tan trend, and this perfectly neutral flat sandal pairs well with all suits–snake print, colorful, black, scarf-printed…you name it! Plus, the slide adds an element of ease when you are poolside. DVF Brittany Sandal, Net-a-Porter $200
2. Daytime Chic: Yes, the platform espadrille is back ladies. Chunky soles are important this Spring/Summer, and this is great from pool-to-daytime touring/lunching/lounging shoe. The braided cotton platform gives a nod to our scarf print trend we love too! Slip them on with a skirt, dress, or Bermuda shorts and a white t-shirt! Christina Louboutin Madmonic Wedge, Saks Fifth Avenue
3. Evening: We still love the strappy shoe, don’t worry!! This gold-hued sandal is another perfect pair for those sunshine colors we are loving, or paired with a head-to-toe monochromatic tan! So chic! MARSKINYRYYPPY Tee Sandal, Shopbop
1. Short: Neutrals are huge. We think this white little number from Ulla Johnson will fill the trick for most Spring break dinners.. dress down with a flat slide sandal, dress up with a wedge. Ulla Johnson Tessa Dress, Shopbop
2. Long: Love this look for many age ranges. Covering, but classy. Chic in all of the colorways. Add your long layered necklaces and bangles.. and instantly feel polished. Vitamin A Tulum Maxi Dress; $135.
1.Silk Print: We cannot get enough of this trend for Spring. Love the fact that this silk print scarf is adorned to the bag. You can utilize this bag as a crossbody, shoulder bag or even stuff the strap into the bag and carry it under the arm. A piece with versatility, but will also be a STATEMENT. Versace Calfskin Shoulder Bag, Neiman Marcus; $2,095.
2.Netting: It’s time to welcome in the crochet/netting trend. Yet another trend we are mad about! Opting for a crochet like handbag screams chic + unique. We especially love the idea of the net bag with some adornment like this one by Les Petits Joueurs. You can carry it poolside with your sun essentials or tote it to dinner! Les Petits Joueurs Lea Metal Tote Bag, Neiman Marcus; $775.
3.Basket Bag: Baskets continue to be an essential piece for Spring! You can opt for a top handle basket bag for day-to-day, but while on vacation, we suggest doing a clutch. It’s a nice way to layer in some texture for your evening dinner look! Pamela Munson Marilyn Clutch, Shopbop; $298.
And there you have it. A solid roundup of fashionable pieces you should be taking with you on your next getaway! But before you leave town, be sure to join us TOMORROW for our collaborative event at Le Meridien
with some of our favorite boutiques! There will be Style Presentation at 12:30, shopping, lite bites and a braid bar. Truly the perfect way to kick off this Spring season!